Project Architect/Project Manager
We would like to add an experienced, thoughtful Project Architect/Project Manager to our office team. Candidates should have a BArch or MArch degree with 4 to 6 years of experience in institutional projects. This is an opportunity to advance your skills working on a mix of educational and historic preservation projects.
The ideal candidate will be already licensed or advancing in the IDP process, and have the following characteristics:
- Strong design skills.
- Sound working knowledge of construction systems, building and fire codes, and bid documents. Also, the ability to coordinate structural, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Construction administration experience, including the ability to clearly and professionally communicate with owners, contractors, consultants, and internal colleagues. Good writing skills are a distinct plus.
- Strong proficiency with producing construction sets in Revit and/or CAD.
- Effective supervision of and clear guidance for architectural interns.
The Project Architect/Project Manager’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning architectural project objectives, from the early stages of assisting in proposoal preparation to evaluation of appropriate design alternatives.
- Maintaining the project team through efficient management, good communications and consistent coordination of efforts.Researching and complying with legal requirements by following building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and related ordinances, such as accessibility guidelines.
- Managing projects from concept development through construction.
- Leading construction administration from tracking required documents to facilitating the bidding process, from solving design/construction problems to maintaining quality work standards. Meeting financial requirements by estimating costs, developing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Exhibiting enthusiasm for the industry through continued education and networking.
Interested candidates may email their cover letter, resumes, and work samples to email@example.com.
Brewster Thornton Group Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time