BTGA has an overarching commitment to the professional client relationship – one in which we lend our expertise as advisors to your building process.
Our buildings reflect our client’s goals, supported with strong design skills and thorough project administration. We strive to be active problem-solvers, diplomatic advisors, speedy facilitators, and careful listeners.
BTGA understands the priorities of cost and schedule. We pride ourselves on providing good design with clear technical and professional expertise, while meeting cost constraints. We give immediate cost feedback on decision items, and advise our clients on least-cost alternatives. We enjoy working on small as well as large scale projects.
Job Opportunity - Senior Project Architect/Project Manager
Our award-winning architectural firm seeks a motivated and experienced architect who loves this industry as much as we do! Our new Senior Project Architect/Project Manager will champion a variety of institutional and historic preservation projects for client base. Situated in an antique mill building in Providence's historic Jewelry District, Brewster Thornton Group Architects, LLP, is centered in one of the country's most vibrant small cities.
As our successful candidate, you will join our energetic team of 12 specialized professionals and assist in overseeing office workflow. You will fulfill a crucial leadership role on our team - from concept development through managing critical construction administration phases. Your knowledge of design and construction systems will continue to develop.
Your efforts will be rewarded through a comfortable work environment and company benefits package. Salary will be competitive, and commensurate with experience.
What We Will Offer You:
• Full-time position with flexible hours
• Professional development, including continued education and networking
• Paid vacation and personal days
• Paid health insurance for individuals
• Profit sharing and bonus opportunities
• Annual reviews to chart personal progress
• Opportunity to join in planning project objectives and supervision of junior staff members
• Key leadership role in projects
What We Hope You Will Offer Us:
• BArch or MArch degree
• Ten or more years of architectural experience in institutional projects, preferred
• Strong design skills and creative, critical thinking
• Solid proficiency with CAD projects
• Construction administration experience with $1 million- to $10 million-dollar projects
• Sound knowledge of construction systems, building and fire codes, and bid documents
• Efficient coordination of structural, mechanical and electrical drawings
• Ability to multitask, including the advancement of several projects simultaneously
• Congenial and professional management of the project team, including internal colleagues and external contractors, clients, and stakeholders
• Reliable vehicle and valid driver's license required. This position is only for people within daily commuting distance of Providence.
If you are as excited about meeting us as we are about meeting you, email us your cover letter, resume and work samples, firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our work on this website.
Brewster Thornton Group Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the federal E-Verify system for all hires.
Please contact us via the form below to inquire about your next project or request information about the firm's capabilities. Note that this message will be directed to the appropriate staff member for review. For an immediate response, do not hesitate to call 401-861-1600.
For current job openings, please check our blog. BTGA is an Equal Employment Opportunity firm. We are proud of our congenial, flexible, professional working environment, and we work to support our young architects through their professional training.
150 Chestnut Street
Providence, RI, 02903